Welcome to San Juan Animal League
San Juan Animal League is a non-profit, all-volunteer animal welfare organization located in Farmington, New Mexico. Dedicated to the welfare of companion animals in San Juan County, we work to:
- Improve companion animal health by providing low-cost vaccinations
- Reduce overpopulation through public education and affordable spay and neuter
- End euthanasia of healthy, adoptable pets by decreasing births and increasing successful adoptions
We are financed by annual memberships, donations, grants and the proceeds of SJAL Vaccination Clinics
- Vaccination Clinics – 2019 Schedule & Information
- Affordable Spay and Neuter – Cat and Dog Appointments Available Weekly
- Emergency Assistance – Have a pet emergency? We may be able to help
- Feral Cat Management – Have neighborhood cats? We can help
We regret that we are unable to vaccinate or perform spay/neuter surgeries on wolves, wolf-hybrids, coyotes, or coyote-hybrids at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
If you would like to donate to our spay/neuter, TNR, or vaccination programs, use the donate button below. Thank You!
Why does San Juan Animal League advocate for spay/ neuter of pets?
It’s hard to fathom but just one unaltered female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 puppies in only six years. In seven years, one unaltered female cat and her offspring can produce an incredible 370,000 kittens. Watch the animated clip below.