Welcome to San Juan Animal League
San Juan Animal League is a non-profit, all-volunteer animal welfare organization located in Farmington, New Mexico. Dedicated to the welfare of companion animals in San Juan County, we work to:
- Improve companion animal health by providing low-cost vaccinations
- Reduce overpopulation through public education and affordable spay and neuter
- End euthanasia of healthy, adoptable pets by decreasing births and increasing successful adoptions
We are financed by annual memberships, donations, grants and the proceeds of SJAL Vaccination Clinics
San Juan Animal League supports the law for statewide spay/neuter funding being introduced in the 2018 Legislative session. To learn more about the bill, click here
- Vaccination Clinics – 2018 Schedule & Information
- Affordable Spay and Neuter – Cat and Dog Appointments Available Weekly
- Emergency Assistance – Have a pet emergency? We may be able to help
- Feral Cat Management – Have neighborhood cats? We can help
Looking out for the animals of San Juan County, New Mexico
Why does San Juan Animal League advocate for spay/ neuter of pets?
It’s hard to fathom but just one unaltered female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 puppies in only six years. In seven years, one unaltered female cat and her offspring can produce an incredible 370,000 kittens. Watch the animated clip below.